Life

Crying Over Gilmore Girls #LittleLoves

Wow, this is my first post in June. I can’t believe I’m saying that, can you bloody believe it’s June? Cray! We’ve had a good week this week, with lots of things going on. It hasn’t been half term for us, as the schools here break up for summer in four weeks. I’ve been watching social media with some mild envy as everyone seems to be away somewhere nice. Anyway, enough of my jealousy, on to what we’ve been loving this week.

Read

This week I finally finished reading The Help. I started reading it in March, so it’s taken me a while! I just haven’t found much time to read recently, but I’m trying to make more time and managed a couple of good sessions in the last week. The Help is a fantastic read, although I enjoyed the movie just as much. Usually the books are much better than their movie counterparts, but I’d put them at level here.

I’ve also finished Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland this morning. I haven’t read it since I was a child, and I must say I’m appreciating it so much more as an adult.

Watched

I finished watching Gilmore Girls this week and I’m heartbroken. I started watching it a couple of months ago and fell in love, I’ve been watching three or four episodes a night. I’ve been watching it so much I feel like an honorary member of the Gilmore family, so I’m feeling a bit lost without it. The last episode was quite emotional, in fact I cried for the first time in months watching it! I’m currently watching the Netflix four part, Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life and mourning the end of my relationship with this show. Please give me your suggestions on what to watch next before I fall apart.

via GIPHY

Made

Sandwiches, and lots of them. Last night my husband was helping host an event in the village, so I spent the day making some disgusting sandwiches for it. We’d bought sandwich fillers in the most awful flavours like coronation chicken, I mean who eats raisons and apricots in a sandwich?! There are some sickos in this world.

Wore

Not enough sun cream! I’ve managed to burn my shoulder twice in the last week. I’m usually very careful, as I’m very conscious about the dangers of getting sunburned, but this week I slipped a bit.

Heard

I’ve been listening to this a lot:

I can’t speak a word of Spanish so I have no idea what they’re singing about but I love it, and I’m a bit of a secret Bieber fan.

And Lastly…

Caitlin picked up her new glasses this week. She’s gone for a more grown up frame, last year she had Avengers and Minions but this time she’s chosen some cool round frames. I think they really suit her.

Hope you’ve all had a lovely week, here’s to a fun weekend!

Linking up with LittleLoves

• Reply Suzanne June 2, 2017 at 4:05 pm

My kids told me that the words on Justin Bieber’s song are really rude when translated lol! I also love Gilmore Girls but have been watching it for months and months and I’m still on Season 4! I cried my way through the graduation ceremony recently so I’m with you on that one. Loved the Help. Have you watched the film? Amazing.

• Reply Lauren June 8, 2017 at 8:41 pm

Oh dear, well it sounds nice and sweet in English anyway! Yes I have seen the movie of The Help, it’s very close to the book, they’re both equally amazing!

• Reply Jenny June 2, 2017 at 7:58 pm

Oh I just finished it this week too. I was heartbroken it was over. I haven’t watched the Year in the Life I wish there was more than four episodes to satisfied my missing GG. Have you seen Pretty Little Liars, Suits, Orphan Black, Grey’s Anatomy, Jamestown, etc all good shows too. Hope you have a great weekend ahead #littleloves

• Reply Lauren June 8, 2017 at 9:19 pm

I’ve just finished watching Year in the Life, I cried so much at it. Four episodes really wasn’t enough! Thank you for the recommendations, I’ll have a look at some of those shows, I haven’t seen any of them.

• Reply Emma June 2, 2017 at 8:57 pm

Ah, I love Gilmore Girls! I didn’t see it first time round and started watching it last year ahead of the revival (mainly cos The Good Wife ended and I needed to keep Matt Czuchry in my life). Since finishing it I’ve actually gone back and started again! I like to have it on before bed because it’s just such a ‘nice’ show. Although I’m also trying to get through 13 Reasons Why when my kid isn’t around – and make a start on The Handmaid’s Tale. I feel bad cos my Netflix list is sooooo long. I really want to start on Grey’s Anatomy (I missed the first few seasons and don’t like to start a show part-way through. Now it’s years later…) but I’m waiting for it to come to Netflix.

• Reply Lauren June 4, 2017 at 4:31 pm

I’m tempted to go back and watch it again from the beginning, it was so good! Might give The Good Wife a go, I’ve heard some good things about it. I’m wanting to watch 13 Reasons Why and The Handmaid’s Tale too, I’m going to have to make a list! I’m not sure anything is gonna satisfy my GG longing though.

• Reply Mum Reinvented June 3, 2017 at 9:21 am

Ha ha despacito is about having sex – slowly. The joys of having lived in Spain is I understand the words more than Justin Bieber apparently does. I keep watching Gilmore Girls. I’ve watched it twice this year (having never watched it when it was on originally) and I just finished watching the 4 part reunion thing (again) last night. If you can get the American version of Netflix I’d go with Hart of Dixie – it’s about another small town so a pretty good match. Have a great weekend! #littleloves

• Reply Lauren June 4, 2017 at 4:08 pm

Oh is it?! Hahah oh dear, good job my kids don’t speak Spanish then because I listen to it all the time. No I didn’t watch Gilmore Girls at all when it was on, this is the first time I’ve seen it. I’m tempted to start watching it again from the beginning if I can’t find anything else I like!

• Reply Anna-Marie June 5, 2017 at 10:06 am

I have not watched Gilmore Girls, I really should as I have heard so much about it. Love Caitlin’s glasses, they really sit her! Hope you have had a lovely weekend

• Reply Lauren June 8, 2017 at 9:23 pm

Yes you really should watch it, it’s probably my second favourite TV show now! Thanks!

• Reply Morgana June 8, 2017 at 7:26 pm

Oh I love GG and feel your pain, I too was bereft when I finished it all. I’ve even resorted to watching it all over again! xx

• Reply Morgana June 8, 2017 at 7:26 pm