Family Life

Lifting the Cabin Fever – The Ordinary Moments

This week has been half term, and it’s been a funny one. I usually love half term, and I’m sure the kids do too. It’s a well needed break from the school routine, a chance to recuperate and spend some time together as a family.

But like I said, this week has been a funny week. I had pre half term fantasies of lots of nice walks in the cool February sun, hot chocolates in front of the fire, cuddles under the blanket watching some Harry Potter and other nice things. Those plans didn’t quite materialise though.

On Monday I was at work. I always work Monday, so that was no surprise, and the kids spent the day hanging out with daddy at home. On Tuesday, I had a dentist appointment in the morning. I thought it was just a check up, and any work that needed doing would be carried out at a later date. Boy was I wrong. I ended up having a tooth extraction, which resulted in┬áthe rest of Tuesday being a bit of a write off. I was in so much pain for the rest of the day I couldn’t eat a thing. I filled myself with painkillers and sat around feeling sorry for myself.

Wednesday was a disaster too, as well as Thursday. Still in a lot of pain and unable to open my mouth widely, I didn’t eat much. I think the lack of food, plus the cocodamol I was taking knocked me sick, and I basically spent the whole two days under the duvet on the sofa. Not fun for me, and not fun for the poor kids being stuck indoors for most of their week off.

By Friday it’s safe to say we were all experiencing cabin fever. Thankfully, I’d perked up enough to drag myself off the sofa, so we could get outside. It felt so good, the benefit of a bit of fresh air really is something else. Killing two birds with one stone, I managed to do a bit of a photo shoot for an upcoming review whilst also shaking off the cabin fever.

We spent a good hour in a local wooded area, and it was so needed. Half term may not have been what I’d hoped it was, but this little hour of quality time made up for some of that.

Hope you had a better half term than us, or do have a better one if yours is coming up this week!

Linking up with The Ordinary Moments

• Reply Colette February 19, 2017 at 9:02 pm

Cabin Fever is so hard! We definitely suffered through January but we’re finally starting to get out and about a bit more again!
    Colette recently posted…Half Term {Ordinary Moments}My Profile

• Reply Sherry February 19, 2017 at 9:20 pm

Oh bless you, it’s horrid when things don’t go to plan at the dentist, but it looks like you all made the most of it towards the end of the week #TheOrdinaryMoments
    Sherry recently posted…The Girls {Ordinary Moments 19/2/17}My Profile

• Reply Donna February 20, 2017 at 12:20 pm

I hope your teeth are feeling better now. Sometimes you really just need to get out, even if just for an hour or so. Lovely photos! x
    Donna recently posted…Review: Philips Health WatchMy Profile

• Reply Jenny February 20, 2017 at 9:10 pm

Oh I can so relate. Glad you got to get out and dust off that cabin fever. It’s horrible feeling. The kids are always happier outdoors in fresh air I have found too. It’s hard when little errands and doctor appt etc have to be done. We all want to just play outside instead. lol I am the same. #ordinarymoments

• Reply Katie @mummydaddyme February 20, 2017 at 9:57 pm

We get cabin fever a lot. We have every intention of staying in and snuggling indoors but inevitably the children start climbing the walls so it is always good to go out and get some fresh air. Gorgeous photos and don’t your children look like their Dad? xx

• Reply Laura @ Little Ladies Big World February 20, 2017 at 11:46 pm

Sorry it’s been a tough start to the week but we definitely feel like getting out helps, even if we intend staying in as the children are so much better when we are out. X
    Laura @ Little Ladies Big World recently posted…Newborn Eczema and Allergies {Looking Back #4}My Profile

• Reply Nicole | thelittlestdarlings February 21, 2017 at 12:19 am

Eurgh I hate cabin fever!!! Lovely photos and I totally agree with you. Lucas hates being trapped in doors as he can’t burn off the bundles of energy he has.

• Reply RachelSwirl February 26, 2017 at 10:51 pm

Oh I feel your pain tooth extraction is a bas**rd! Hope you are feeling better now x