Christmas

So I’m Kind of a Christmas Person

Ok, so I’m kind of a Christmas person. My ‘sleeps until Santa’ countdown started in September. Yes, I’m one of those people. And now that Halloween (which is my second favourite holiday, by the way) is behind us for another year, I think it’s fully acceptable to start taking about Christmas. I’m getting ready to don my musical jumper (I don’t actually have one, but wouldn’t that be amazing?) pop on my favourite festive tunes and buy my yearly bottle of Baileys, how frickin’ exciting.

When I say I’m one of those people, I really do mean it. I practically live for Christmas. I even put my tree up on the 1st of November one year. Well, if the shops can start early, why can’t I? I can report that I haven’t started with the decorating yet this year. My husband isn’t quite so keen on putting the tree up straight after Halloween, so I have to rein myself in a little bit. I’m thinking around the 20th of November is a nice compromise.

People think I’m a crack pot, but whatever. That negativity just bounces off the sequins on my sparkly Christmas Jumper anyway. There’s something so nice about the Christmas lights twinkling in the glow of the fire, the smell of my festive yankee candles burning as I sing along to Muppets Christmas Carol with my hot chocolate. Why shouldn’t I be able to enjoy that early?! November is a cold, dark month. Why not make it better by opening your hearts to a bit of Christmas cheer?

Of course, I’m not going to convince anyone. You’re either one of those people, or you aren’t.

Even Caitlin is on Christmas countdown with me, and every few days we ask Siri ‘How many days until Christmas?’. No longer do we have to open a calendar and count the weeks, the wonders of modern technology, eh? At the time of writing it is 52 days away. 52 days until Santa! I’m turning in to a real life Buddy the elf as each minute passes, I’m so excited!

Are you as excited as me, or are you a bit of a Scrooge? Let’s chat Christmas in the comments below!

Linking up to A Blogging Good Time

Buddy the Elf gif via GIPHY

• Reply Holly November 3, 2016 at 6:24 pm

I’m definitely a Christmas season person but gifts stress me out. I wish holiday gifts were strictly for young children and the season revolved more about food, baking and getting together with friends and family.

• Reply Kim Carberry November 3, 2016 at 7:22 pm

I love Christmas…I am excited for it already. I did think of putting the decorations up as I was taking the Halloween one’s down….My fella said NO! lol
    The Heart music channel on Sky have turned into Heart Xmas. It’s the most watched channel in here now. lol x
    Kim Carberry recently posted…The Bigger One’s Tag!My Profile

• Reply Lauren November 4, 2016 at 3:40 pm

YES! Great to find someone else as Christmas nuts as me, it would be nice to put up the decorations on the 1st of November again haha! Oh awesome, I’ll have to see if we have that music channel x

• Reply Catie November 3, 2016 at 7:56 pm

LOL. I love Christmas too, part of the reason I wanted to teach, I love all the build up in school. I’ll join you in the countdown but we have Sint first in Holland. We get a double celebration. Thank you for linking up to #ablogginggoodtime

• Reply Lauren November 4, 2016 at 3:31 pm

The build up is the best part, and I’m sure it’s lovely at school. I’ve not heard of Sint before, but two celebrations sounds great!

• Reply Lucy At Home November 3, 2016 at 10:08 pm

Hehe I love Christmas too. I don’t put my tree up until 1st Dec, but I start planning and buying presents as soon as the summer holidays are over. I love the pretty lights and the food and the happy feelings and the magic. #ABloggingGoodTime
    Lucy At Home recently posted…You Might Be Different But That’s OKMy Profile

• Reply Lauren November 4, 2016 at 1:17 pm

I think a lot of fun is in the planning too isn’t it? Something quite exciting about it!

• Reply Cathryn- Little Paper Swans November 4, 2016 at 5:02 pm

I do love Christmas. However I won’t do decorations until the first weekend of December. All the clutter of them gets in the way!

I do love the run up though, films, lights and hot chocolates. Oh it is such a lovely time of year!

#ABloggingGoodTime

• Reply Helena November 4, 2016 at 11:13 pm

I can’t say I’m as excited as you as I’ve yet to work out what people want for Christmas. #ablogginggoodtime

• Reply Newcastle Family Life November 5, 2016 at 2:26 pm

Love Christmas! Fenwicks window is lush this year it’s Beatrix potter themed and I can’t wait to go and see it xx
    Newcastle Family Life recently posted…Lunch At Le Raaj Chester Le StreetMy Profile

• Reply Weekly Blogging Reads Week 8 December 23, 2016 at 9:58 pm

[…] Lauren is a girl after my own heart. I love Christmas in fact I am a bit of a Christmas nut and Lauren is also a big Christmas person and she lets you know about it in her post I’m a Christmas kind of person. […]