Home

Children’s bedroom Storage – Room to Grow

My children have too much stuff. There, I said it, it can’t be taken back. They have enough toys, enough clothes, enough books, yet I still continue to add to their collections. Adding to their collection of stuff is easy, the problem comes when you have a to find a home for it all.

I think it’s a common thing with children. Too much stuff, not enough space. Hands up who has watched their child opening birthday presents secretly wondering ‘Where the hell is all of this going to go?’

When it comes to children’s bedrooms, the key is utilising the space with clever storage solutions that help keep everything tidy and still give them plenty of room to play. The right pieces of storage furniture can be the key to a happy bedroom. This is where Room To Grow come in.

Room to Grow are a children’s furniture specialist. They specialise in practical yet stylish furniture to help create the perfect space for your children. With a large range of children’s storage furniture, they have something to suit all rooms and budgets. I’ve been looking at their storage furniture to find a solution to our ‘too much stuff’ problem.

504da61b25eae1.07751846

One of my favourite pieces is this Bunk Bed Buddy. It’s designed to fit to the wall beside your children’s bunk beds, giving them their own space to put a few of their essentials. This would be great for us, as both of my children have high sleeper beds. Most mornings when I wake them up I find their bed if filled with things. Books, water bottles, toys. This would give them somewhere to put the things they need, but it’s slim profile means it doesn’t take up too much space.

504da6be210217.65113918

As a book lover, I understand the importance of reading with my children. My children have a book collection a library would be envious of, but no where to put them all. I love this tall book case which has plenty of pace for lots of books, but it won’t take up too much space in the room.

©

For storage on a budget, this gingham toy basket is a great way to store toys without breaking the bank. The handles mean it can easily be picked up and moved to the bottom of the wardrobe to be hidden from view in rooms with limited floor space. These baskets are also perfect for taking around the house to pick up any stray toys that have ended up where they shouldn’t be!

Do your children have too much stuff? What are your storage solution tips for your children’s bedroom? Let me know in the comments!

Post written in collaboration with Room to Grow. All words and opinions are my own.

• Reply Baby Isabella August 8, 2016 at 10:18 am

Ooooo we love Room to Grow! We have stuff everywhere and need to invest in some smart storage solutions!
    Baby Isabella recently posted…The Giants Lair at Slieve Gullion Forest ParkMy Profile

• Reply Laura's Lovely Blog August 8, 2016 at 2:13 pm

My kids have far too much stuff!! And I often have those thoughts at birthdays / Christmas. Love the bunk bed caddy. My son is still in a toddler bed and I must get him a full size and really fancy getting him a cabin one, so this would be perfect.

• Reply The London Mum August 8, 2016 at 8:08 pm

Oh wow, I really need to go and check these guys out. I’m always looking for clever storage ideas for my sons room. x
    The London Mum recently posted…Top 10 Tips For Fussy Eaters With SMA® PRO Toddler MilkMy Profile

• Reply Amanda August 8, 2016 at 8:23 pm

love that bookcase. I’m always after toy storage – i swear the toys in our house breed!

• Reply Rebecca | AAUBlog August 8, 2016 at 9:52 pm

we’ve got a big toy chest in my son’s room, but would love some shelving attached to the wall too, to take some of the storage off the floor x

• Reply RachelSwirl August 8, 2016 at 10:41 pm

I adore that huge bookcase!

• Reply This Mama Life August 9, 2016 at 11:39 am

Oh gawd. Storage is the biggest bane of my life in our military marriage quarter! We have barely any so have to be a bit creative haha. Love the gingham basket 🙂 x

• Reply Sabrina @ The Mummy Stylist August 9, 2016 at 5:46 pm

I found myself nodding along to this, our stuff is just growing and growing! I like the look of Room to Grow, that side shelf is a great idea X

• Reply Dannii @ Hungry Healthy Happy August 10, 2016 at 11:28 am

We were just looking at book storage and I love that book stand. Great idea!
    Dannii @ Hungry Healthy Happy recently posted…Comment on Smoked Salmon, Asparagus and Herb Omelette by Sarahjane WoodMy Profile

• Reply Stephanie Oakes August 12, 2016 at 8:16 pm

We were looking at the bunk bed buddy’s for Jack a few days ago coincidentally, they are fab aren’t they!

• Reply Jodie September 1, 2016 at 12:16 pm

Really lovely ideas!! I love the bedside book thing

• Reply Patricia September 19, 2016 at 2:14 pm