Family Life

My Sunday Photo 03/07/16 – Tooth Fairy

This week has brought with it yet another loose tooth. It seems like they’re all falling out at once.

Only a couple of weeks ago while eating a chewy sweet in the shopping centre, one of Caitlin’s teeth became dislodged. She pulled the chewy bar from her mouth and said “Dad, what is this in my sweet?”. It had been loose for a while, and I guess she’d forgotten as she gnawed on her wham bar.

Of course, a lost tooth meant the tooth fairy would be visiting. It’s almost as exciting as Santa coming, isn’t it? Caitlin set about making lots of little gifts for her fairy, including some miniature clothes covered in glitter. She sealed them all up in to an envelope, along with her tooth. With a little crayon she marked on the envelope ‘Caitlin’s 3rd tooth’, and popped it under her pillow. The following morning, her hands shook with excitement as she ripped open the return envelop to find £2 inside.

The following week, one of Neil’s teeth which has been wobbly for weeks showed signs of being ready to come out. Desperate to catch up with his younger sister, he tried everything. First he tried a chewy bar, because that’s how Caitlin had lost hers and will now be forever immortalised as a mega tooth extractor. Or something like that. Of course, it didn’t work. So he tried apples, for breakfast lunch and dinner, which didn’t work either. Eventually it fell out, and £2 was well received.

This week has seen the loss of Caitlin’s fourth tooth. It’s funny, because she’s younger than her brother and her teeth were much slower to come in than his. She’s pleased that she’s winning the great tooth race. Their new smiles really are quite cute. There’s something very sweet about the toothless smile of a child. So sweet in fact, that I just had to share them for this week’s Sunday Photo.

IMG_3949

IMG_3968

I’m sure the tooth fairy is feeling the strain on her purse from our house over the last few weeks!

I hope you’ve all had a lovely week!

Photalife

Liked this post? Why not follow me on Bloglovin?

If your kids love photography, why not come and join my brand new children’s photography linky Snap It!

• Reply Louise (Little Hearts, Big Love) July 3, 2016 at 12:10 am

I love how Caitlin left some gifts for the tooth fairy and I’m sure she must have loved those miniature clothes covered in glitter. Love the gappy smiles from your children 🙂

• Reply Lauren July 5, 2016 at 9:59 pm

I’m sure the tooth fairy loved them, it really was quite sweet. Thanks 🙂

• Reply Fiona - Coombe Mill July 3, 2016 at 12:12 am

I hope the Tooth Fairy does better than here, when the triplet were loosing theirs all at once I think the Tooth Fairy forgot a to come a few times!
    Fiona – Coombe Mill recently posted…Winning Readers’ ChoiceMy Profile

• Reply Lauren July 5, 2016 at 10:03 pm

Well Fiona, I think maybe we have the same tooth fairy because she’s let us down on a couple of occasions too!

• Reply Tim July 3, 2016 at 12:12 am

It’s always amusing in our household how little our kids miss their teeth and how much they look forward to the tooth fairy’s visit instead. Glad to see the kids are still smiling anyway.

• Reply Lauren July 5, 2016 at 10:08 pm

Yes that’s the same in our house, they couldn’t care less about being toothless if it means the tooth fairy visiting. I think they’d knock their own teeth out if they thought they could get away with it.

• Reply Melody July 3, 2016 at 12:13 am

Aaw bless them. They do look very cute with their smiles. xx
    Melody recently posted…19240 Shrouds of the SommeMy Profile

• Reply Lauren July 5, 2016 at 10:14 pm

They do, don’t they? xx

• Reply Victoria Visits July 3, 2016 at 12:36 am

It sounds like the tooth fairy is having a bit of an expensive time in your house 🙂 #MySundayPhoto
    Victoria Visits recently posted…Monochrome LondonMy Profile

• Reply Lauren July 5, 2016 at 10:14 pm

She certainly is! Hope her pockets are deep!

• Reply Kim Carberry July 3, 2016 at 12:39 am

Ahh! Loosing teeth is so exciting for children. I hope the tooth fairy can keep up 😀 x
    Kim Carberry recently posted…Anyone for cake? #MySundayPhotoMy Profile

• Reply Lauren July 5, 2016 at 10:19 pm

It really is. I hope she can keep up too! She might have to start brining monopoly money, it would be cheaper!

• Reply John Adams July 3, 2016 at 6:53 am

Wow, that’s a lot of teeth to loose in a short space of time. Those gappy smiles don’t last long! The teeth soon come through. #MySundayPhoto

• Reply Lauren July 5, 2016 at 10:23 pm

Tell me about it! I know, they don’t last long at all.

• Reply Darren Coleshill | Photalife July 3, 2016 at 8:17 am

I hope the tooth fairy has deep pockets. Aly knocked one of hers out once and it took months for the new one to grow.

• Reply Lauren July 5, 2016 at 10:47 pm

Yes I hope so too Darren, or she might have to start paying in chocolate money!

• Reply Notmyyearoff July 3, 2016 at 10:38 am

Eek it feels quite exciting to have the tooth fairy come. I keep waiting for Zs tooth to fall out but we’ve had nothing so far!
    Notmyyearoff recently posted…A week of madnessMy Profile

• Reply Lauren July 5, 2016 at 10:48 pm

They will all fall out at once, that seems to be the way!

• Reply RachelSwirl July 3, 2016 at 11:33 pm

The tooth fairy has visited twice here this week too!
    RachelSwirl recently posted…#MySundayPhoto Baby Baymax! My Profile

• Reply sherry MacKay July 6, 2016 at 1:52 pm

oh that is a fabulously cute photo. i still remember the trauma of losing teeth as a child. i just hated it.:(

• Reply A Cornish Mum July 14, 2016 at 10:08 pm

Mine still both have teeth to fall out, we seem to go through spates of it as well where they both lose them!

Stevie x
    A Cornish Mum recently posted…Review: Dolphin and Whale Watching with Red Letter DaysMy Profile