Family Life

My Sunday Photo 24/07/16 – Pokemon Cards

This week has been dominated by one thing, and one thing only. Pokemon. I’m sure the same applies to many of you reading this too. Because, unless you’ve been living under a rock recently, you will know that Pokemon Go has pretty much taken over the world.

We’ve been playing lots of Pokemon Go, and we’re loving it. I was going to share some photos of our adventures for this weeks My Sunday Photo, but I decided I’d dedicate a post to that later in the week. So instead I thought I’d share a photo of our Saturday which ties in with the rest of the week.

This week we picked up some new decks for the Pokemon Trading Card Game. I remember playing this when I was a child, as I was a huge Pokemon fan back then.

My children are no strangers to TCG’s either. My son was an avid collector of YuGiOh cards at just three years old. Something common for autistic people is for them to have a special interest, something they will put a lot of energy in to. YuGiOh cards were Neil’s first special interest, and before he could even read he had memorised almost every card he had. The Pokemon TCG quite similar, only this time it’s Caitlin showing an interest in them.

She’s been a Pokemon fan for a while now, but the intensity of her interest has grown since the release of Pokemon Go. So as a treat, we decided to get a couple of new card packs so she could start playing.

We all had a play tonight, in a tense girls vs boys game. We put up a good fight, but unfortunately the boys cards were too powerful and so we lost. It was a fun evening though, which rounded off a week of Pokemon.

Pokemon TCG

Have you been enjoying some Pokemon this week? Hope you are all having a great weekend!

Linking up with My Sunday Photo

• Reply Louise (Little Hearts, Big Love) July 24, 2016 at 12:05 am

I found my first Pokemon the other day! Have to admit though I’ve yet to really get into it. Looks like you all had a lot of fun playing with the Pokemon cards 🙂
    Louise (Little Hearts, Big Love) recently posted…My Sunday Photo 24/07/16My Profile

• Reply Kim Carberry July 24, 2016 at 12:21 am

Ohh! How fab! It looks like a lot of fun is been had x
    Kim Carberry recently posted…A Confetti Cannon. #MySundayPhotoMy Profile

• Reply Tim July 24, 2016 at 12:27 am

I have to admit I’ve steered clear of Pokemon Go. I can get terribly obsessive and competitive about games, so I’m avoiding getting in to the game.

• Reply Fiona - Coombe Mill July 24, 2016 at 12:28 am

One of my boys has gone in for the Pokamon Go craze, I’m delighted as it is getting him outdoors searching for them!
    Fiona – Coombe Mill recently posted…Returning to a heat wave in CornwallMy Profile

• Reply Toni | Gym Bunny Mummy July 24, 2016 at 8:36 am

Not gone for the Pokemon Go craze because I KNOW I’ll get completely drawn in! Love that you all are playing as a family 🙂 #MySundayPhoto
    Toni | Gym Bunny Mummy recently posted…MISSING THE MILESTONESMy Profile

• Reply Anne July 24, 2016 at 9:01 am

Pokemon have been a big part of our family for 20 years now! When the cards came out we would got to card tournaments all over the country. In 2000 we visited the Millenium Dome…because there was an Pokemon event on…I think we spent a total of 10 minutes inside the dome because the event was in a tent outside. Then I had my other children after a huge gap and they are big Pokemon fans as well, the girls learnt to play the TCG when they were very young and have already been collecting cards for years. Open ANY drawer in my house and you’ll find a Pokemon card! Of course they are addicted to Pokemon Go too which means we shouldn’t have too much trouble getting out over the summer holidays. I’m glad you’ve been enjoying Pokemon too, it’s wonderful to see you getting into the card game 🙂

• Reply Darren Coleshill | Photalife July 24, 2016 at 1:52 pm

We’ve been bitten by the PokemonGo, at least it’s getting us out and about

• Reply Merlinda Little ( @pixiedusk) July 24, 2016 at 5:31 pm

I have the app on my phone but the thing is I forgot my password! Haha! So now me and my son cant play the apps yet =P

This looks like an amazing game for kids! I remember Pokemon and even the movie and the themesong is now playing in my head.

#mysundayphoto
    Merlinda Little ( @pixiedusk) recently posted…North Somerset Summer PartyMy Profile

• Reply RachelSwirl July 25, 2016 at 12:06 am

oh gosh pokeman has indeed returned!
    RachelSwirl recently posted…#MySundayPhoto Our Daughter Is TinkerbellMy Profile

• Reply Alan Herbert July 25, 2016 at 9:43 pm

I admit I was Pokémon Go mad for a few days. Once my PokeBalls ran out and the Pokémon Stop wasn’t working I lost interest.

Maybe once servers are upgraded I might get back into it.

Looksike you had fun with the Pokémon Cards.
    #mysundayphoto