Family Life, Photography

My Sunday Photo 10/07/16 – Party

This afternoon we went to the 8th birthday part of a boy in Neil’s class. Neil has been looking forward to it since he received an invitation at the end of term.

For me, it was quite a sad occasion. Neil is moving from his mainstream class in to a social & communication unit next year. I imagine this will be the last party he attends with all of the kids in that class. While he’ll still integrate in to the class sometimes, I do fear the bonds he has formed will weaken a little. Of course, I’m sure he’ll receive invitations from his new class, but this does feel like the end of that particular period. He is quite friendly with a couple of the boys, so hopefully they will remain friends after Neil has moved, but it’s hard to know.

I stayed at the party, as per Neil’s request. Often I feel a bit awkward hanging around, but not today. The family of the wee boy were lovely and made me feel very welcome.

Unfortunately, the day was a total wash out. The bouncy castle slide that had been booked didn’t see much action! Instead, the kids played a lot of party games, and still managed to have a lot of fun. Neil joined in where he could, and really enjoyed himself. He won a book in pass the parcel, which he was chuffed about.

As the party came to a close, the kids all decided they wouldn’t let the rain stop their fun. Everyone decided to have a go on the bouncy slide, despite the torrential downpour. Neil, who is terrified of heights, overcame his few and had a turn too. I was very proud of him! I wanted to take a photo, but the rain just wouldn’t allow it. So instead I’m sharing this photo of my wee man looking rather handsome on his way to the party!

IMG_4025

Hope you’re all having a lovely weekend!

Photalife

Liked this post? Why not follow me on Bloglovin?

If your kids love photography, why not come and join my brand new children’s photography linky Snap It!

• Reply Sara | mumturnedmom July 10, 2016 at 12:06 am

He looks very handsome indeed! I’m glad he had a good time, and kids rarely let rain stop their fun, do they 🙂
    Sara | mumturnedmom recently posted…Sunday Photo: 10 July 2016My Profile

• Reply Lauren July 11, 2016 at 9:31 am

No, I wish I had their enthusiasm sometimes!

• Reply RachelSwirl July 10, 2016 at 12:12 am

It’s so annoying when the rain spoils a good shindig outside. However, it sounds like the kids still had fun x
    RachelSwirl recently posted…Watching Your Children Grow From Babies Into ‘Little People’My Profile

• Reply Lauren July 11, 2016 at 9:33 am

It is, but I guess we are used to it living in the UK eh?

• Reply Neesie July 10, 2016 at 12:16 am

I’m so glad that the rain didn’t stop the fun… who can resist a bouncy slide. I know I can’t!
    Great photo showing your wee man looking handsome and all ready to party.
    Neesie recently posted…Pretty Pink Peony… My Sunday PhotoMy Profile

• Reply Lauren July 11, 2016 at 9:35 am

I know, it’s hard to resist. I would have loved to have a go! Thanks 🙂

• Reply Notmyyearoff July 10, 2016 at 3:18 am

Well done to them on having fun despite the rain. I hope he makes amazing friends in his new class, it’s always so nerve wracking when it’s all change but hopefully he’ll find some gems in his new class x
    Notmyyearoff recently posted…Eid and cakesMy Profile

• Reply Lauren July 11, 2016 at 9:41 am

Thank you, it really is nerve wracking but hopefully it will all work out x

• Reply Darren Coleshill | Photalife July 10, 2016 at 8:01 am

Lovely photo, he looks such a cool cat. I hope it was a good party.

• Reply Lauren July 11, 2016 at 9:42 am

H is a cool cat for sure!

• Reply Rachel Cooper July 10, 2016 at 8:23 am

He looks very handsome! Glad he has a good time, and I hope he settles in well to his new school environment! #MySundayPhoto

• Reply Lauren July 11, 2016 at 9:58 am

• Reply Louise (Little Hearts, Big Love) July 10, 2016 at 9:32 am

Lovely photo. Glad to hear they didn’t let the rain stop their fun. It must be quite sad with Neil moving to a new class – hope he settles in well next term and that some of those friendships made so far will stay.
    Louise (Little Hearts, Big Love) recently posted…My Sunday Photo 10/07/16My Profile

• Reply Lauren July 11, 2016 at 9:59 am

Thank you, he is very nervous about the big change but hopefully it will all work out for the best.

• Reply Emma T July 10, 2016 at 10:17 am

That’s a lovely photos, and sounds like it went well for Neil.
    Emma T recently posted…My Sunday Photo – rosebudMy Profile

• Reply Lauren July 11, 2016 at 9:59 am

• Reply Kim Carberry July 10, 2016 at 1:14 pm

Aww! What a lovely photo!
    It sounds like a great party was had. Glad the rain didn’t ruin it too much.
    Good luck to him in his new class x
    Kim Carberry recently posted…Seaside Sweets. #MySundayPhotoMy Profile

• Reply Lauren July 11, 2016 at 9:59 am

• Reply Fiona - Coombe Mill July 10, 2016 at 2:25 pm

Very handsome indeed. glad it was a good party and well done on the height challenge.
    Fiona – Coombe Mill recently posted…Why I Love our Fresh Water LakesMy Profile

• Reply Lauren July 11, 2016 at 9:58 am

• Reply Merlinda Little ( @pixiedusk) July 11, 2016 at 6:12 pm

Aww he looks so grown up and dapper in his outfit =) #mysundayphoto
    Merlinda Little ( @pixiedusk) recently posted…Photos and PredicamentMy Profile