Family Life

Rain Rain, Go Away!

Rain rain go away, come again another day. Preferably, a day when we haven’t planned a barbecue please.

It has rained a lot though, hasn’t it? Like, a lot a lot. Almost every day in the last week for us, and the days ahead aren’t looking much better. In fact, if I look at BBC Weather for the next week, it’s all grey, clouds and rain.

Of course, being British, I’ve come to expect nothing more from the summer weather. But is it really too much to ask to have a picnic without having to bring the umbrellas, ‘just incase’.

We’ve been out for a few picnics this week. Most of them were Pokemon motivated, because if you’re going to hang out at a pokestop you might as well bring food, right? We don’t want to let the weather dictate where and when we can play Pokemon, so we’ve been braving the grey skies. Lets just say we’ve been glad of our decision to bring our brollies with us.

IMG_4142

I took this photo on one of our outings, and it really makes me giggle. While others were running for their cars at the first droplet of water falling from the sky, we chose to stand defiant in the face of mother nature. ‘No, we won’t let you ruin our summer you miserable old so and so.’ Jokes aside, this really has been our week. Propping our umbrellas over us like a makeshift tent, as we sit on an ever dampening picnic blanket trying to get as many pokeballs as we can before home time. (Hey, I’m not sure I mentioned this, but we’re kind of in to Pokemon Go at the moment?)

Unfortunately, even this fun activity might be at its end, for now at least. Not long after this photo was taken, the waterproof lining of our picnic blanket ripped beyond repair. We weren’t very impressed, having paid a tenner for it only a few weeks ago! Without it’s lining it’s virtually unusable, particularly in the current climate. I don’t fancy a soggy bum every time I sit down for a sandwich! To top it off, my umbrella went skew-whiff too, and ended up in the bin once we got home.

In all seriousness though, I really do hope the rain buggers off for a bit. We have such much we want to do over the summer, and so far it’s been a bit of a wash out. An umbrella and wellies are great for the odd outing, but being soaked through every time you go out is no fun at all. So, if everyone could get outside and start begging the sky spirits for some sunshine, Mama would be one happy lemur.

via GIPHY

Incase you hadn’t guessed it, my word of the week this week is rain. I hope you’ve all had a great week!

Linking up with Word of the Week.

• Reply Anne July 29, 2016 at 8:54 am

Oh what a shame your week has been full of rain, but well done for sticking it out as much as you can. We’ve not had that much rain, one day it was on and off and one day very wet. But we still had dry days at the beginning of the week even if it was a little dull. We’ve only had one day out though, thankfully it was a dry one!
    Anne recently posted…Boo’s 9th BirthdayMy Profile

• Reply Lauren August 4, 2016 at 10:31 pm

It’s rubbish when the rain dampens plans, glad you’ve had a drier week!

• Reply Dannii @ Hungry Healthy Happy July 29, 2016 at 9:01 am

There has been so much rain recently, hasn’t there. I want to have a BBQ this weekend!

• Reply Lauren August 4, 2016 at 10:36 pm

It’s rubbish, I think we’ve had about 5 days of good sunshine through the whole holidays!

• Reply The Reading Residence July 29, 2016 at 9:55 am

Love that photo! Of course you’d brave it for a pokestop, perfectly understandable! Here’s hoping for sunshine next week. Thanks for sharing with #WotW
    The Reading Residence recently posted…Word of the Week 29/7/16My Profile

• Reply Lauren August 4, 2016 at 10:38 pm

Ah I’m glad that other people agree it’s worth bring the rain for!

• Reply Rebecca | AAUBlog July 29, 2016 at 11:21 am

it is hard when school is out and having rain 🙁 lots of indoor fun instead 🙂
    Rebecca | AAUBlog recently posted…Store Cupboard Essentials For a Dairy and Refined Sugar-Free DietMy Profile

• Reply Lauren August 4, 2016 at 10:40 pm

I’m rubbish at coming up with things to do indoors! Here’s hoping for some more sun.

• Reply Louise (Little Hearts, Big Love) July 29, 2016 at 11:53 am

I think we’ve been quite lucky with the weather this week although the rain has arrived today! Sorry to hear about your picnic blanket though – how frustrating – but glad to hear you aren’t letting the rain stop you in your hunt for Pokemon! 🙂
    Louise (Little Hearts, Big Love) recently posted…The Friday Focus 29/07/2016 – Having fun out and aboutMy Profile

• Reply Emma July 29, 2016 at 12:57 pm

Ha ha, that’s a funny picture. You’re the ones we’d be saying what are those crazy people doing?! But it’s random fun like that we always remember as kids.

• Reply joanna July 29, 2016 at 1:43 pm

I wish the Sun would come out again it was lovely for a week then gone back to grey sky’s.

• Reply Rebecca July 29, 2016 at 2:15 pm

Love that photo with the umbrellas! Glad to see the rain hasn’t been spoiling your fun but yes, please come back summer! x

• Reply Kim Carberry July 29, 2016 at 5:19 pm

Oh no! We haven’t had rain here during the day but it has rained most evenings this week…..
    It does sound like you haven’t let the rain spoil your fun though…
    Kim Carberry recently posted…A Wonderful Week! #WotWMy Profile

• Reply Chloe Ciliberto July 30, 2016 at 1:03 pm

Yes go away rain! It’s really getting irritating now. We can’t wait for the sun to come back!!! I’ve seen so many people walking about playing pokemon even in the rain. I feel like i’m missing out. x

• Reply Merlinda Little ( @pixiedusk) July 30, 2016 at 2:19 pm

Come to think of it we stayed inside a lot than we planned to this week! But we always try to enjoy those windows when its not raining and we go out. It it a bit cold outside but at least we got to enjoy some outside time!

Those umbrellas looks cute and I am sure useful! #wotw

• Reply Tanita July 30, 2016 at 8:25 pm

This sounds like us a couple of weeks ago. It was awful and I found myself just wishing for some dry weather at least. I love the picture of the umbrella’s! Good for you though for giving it a good go and getting out in the rain. Hope the weather turns around for you soon. xx
    Tanita recently posted…What is Bargain Buys For Busy Mums?My Profile

• Reply Kate July 30, 2016 at 11:55 pm

great photo! the weather here has been so mixed. we’ve had a great day today though so no complaints 🙂 #wotw

• Reply Emma @sophieellaandme July 31, 2016 at 12:07 am

Haha great photo! The weather has been so awful recently.. so much for Summer! x
    Emma @sophieellaandme recently posted…Sophie’s Current Favourite BooksMy Profile

• Reply Let kids be kids July 31, 2016 at 5:03 pm

Oh no, we like going out in wellies occasionally, but you’re right not all the time. Love the photo! Hope it dries up for you soon. #Wotw

• Reply Helena July 31, 2016 at 10:26 pm

It’s great that you’ve still had fun despite the weather. #WotW

• Reply Jodie August 7, 2016 at 3:04 pm

We haven’t had much rain lately but we love to pop the girls in their all in one wet suits.