game changers
Charity

Macmillan Game Changers

Almost one year ago, I shaved off my hair to raise money for charity. This year, it’s my husbands turn. But no, he’s not shaving his head, because he doesn’t really have much hair to shave! No, he’s doing something else entirely. This Thursday, to raise money for Macmillan Cancer Support, he will be doing a 24 hour charity live stream.

We are a family of gamers. My children love gaming on their iPads, and we all love playing Xbox and nintendo games. But my husband is big in to gaming, and has been since long before I met him. When we first met, we used to spend our spare time playing World of Warcraft together. And while I don’t find much time for gaming now, he will still play video games most night. Gaming is his thing.

Last month we heard about an event Macmillan were planning called Game Changers. Game Changers is a gaming event, where you spend a whole 24 hours gaming to raise money for the charity. For someone big in to games, this was a great opportunity to raise some money. Now, I know it may sound like a cop out doing something you love for 24 hours and asking people to donate money for that. But think about the last time you were awake for 24 hours, did you feel like a fully functioning human? I’m guessing the answer is no. Now imagine 24 hours doing the same thing, with only a few breaks for the toilet and snacks and I think you’ll agree, it sounds tough.

My husband regularly streams his gaming to a place called Twitch TV. It’s a website that allows you to stream, and watch others playing video games. Because he already has a channel, it made sense for him to live stream for the 24 hours. So that is what he will be doing this Thursday.

During his 24 hour game stream, he will be running a series of giveaways and forfeits. People watching will be randomly selected to win Amazon vouchers. He’ll also be doing some challenges like eating sour sweets and bean boozled.

The whole this should be a bit of fun, and well worth tuning in if you get the chance. His twitch channel is twitch.tv/tea_time_gaming. He will be live from 8am on Thursday 28th, so please do pop along and show him some support throughout the day if you can. Of course, all of this is being done to raise money for Macmillan, which is a charity close to our heart. His mum sadly passed away from cancer a few years ago, and they were a big help to the family during the tough time.

I’m so proud of him, and can’t wait to see how he gets on during the day!

If you’ve like to find out more or donate to his page, you can do so here.

• Reply Dean of Little Steps July 27, 2016 at 11:18 am

Well done to you guys for doing this for such a worthy cause. And it’s such a plus that you guys are doing it as a family too 🙂

• Reply Kim Carberry July 27, 2016 at 1:01 pm

It sounds like fantastic fun and is for such a great cause…
    Good luck to your husband x
    Kim Carberry recently posted…Ice Cream in a bag….My Profile

• Reply Lyndsey O'Halloran July 27, 2016 at 3:22 pm

Such a fantastic cause to do something for! Good luck and I hope you raise loads!

• Reply Toni | Gym Bunny Mummy July 27, 2016 at 4:01 pm

Good luck! It sounds fun but 24 hours is a long time! 🙂
    Toni | Gym Bunny Mummy recently posted…THAIKHUN MANCHESTER | RESTAURANT REVIEWMy Profile

• Reply Laura - dear bear and beany July 27, 2016 at 4:20 pm

An amazing cause, one close to my heart. Well done and good luck, 24 hours is tough X

• Reply Helen | Wonderfully Average July 27, 2016 at 5:35 pm

Such a great cause. My husband would be perfectly suited to doing this as well! Best of luck to your hubby xx
    Helen | Wonderfully Average recently posted…Bump Diary: 40 weeksMy Profile

• Reply Fashion and Style Police July 28, 2016 at 8:46 am

Good you are doing this for a worthy cause. Well done.

• Reply Elizabeth July 28, 2016 at 8:51 am

What a great way to raise money for a charity! Wishing you all the best! 🙂
    Elizabeth recently posted…Review: P&O Ferries – Pride of HullMy Profile

• Reply Jordanne | Thelifeofaglasgowgirl July 28, 2016 at 7:42 pm

Absolutly fantastic! And an unusual way to raise money for a great cause. Good luck to you husband & I hope you raise a lot of money!

Jordanne || Thelifeofaglasgowgirl.co.uk

• Reply Lisa (BadMammy.com) August 6, 2016 at 9:35 am

What a fantastic idea for fundraising, definitely something away from the norm! Best of luck with it, I hope you get a lot of money for such a worthy cause!
    Lisa (BadMammy.com) recently posted…12 Essential iPhone Apps for BloggersMy Profile