Family Life, Life

My Monthly Bucket List – June 2016

JUNE ALREADY?!?? I was going to make a joke about how it was only Christmas a few weeks ago, but I said that last month. I’m sure if I hadn’t have mentioned it, no one would have known. In fact, I could probably start each of my monthly bucket list posts with that sentence and get away with it. ANYWAY, I’m here to update you on my May bucket list, and tell you what I have planned for the month ahead.

May Update

• Take the kids to a cafe – Done! Yes, we went out to a cafe together for the first time as a little treat. We got hot chocolate, scones and cakes to share together. Unfortunately Neil hated the hot chocolate because it “tasted funny” and the cake had lemon curd in it which no one liked, so we left feeling disappointed. But hey, at least I can cross it off my bucket list.Untitled design
  • Get my first bit of freelance work – Didn’t happen. In fact, it was a terrible month because I got kicked off People Per Hour because I hadn’t managed to find any work through them in the first three months. I’ll keep going with this one.
  • Exercise Daily – Well, this is a half and half. For the first part of the month I didn’t exercise at all, but from the 14th onwards I did something every day. I’ve been following workout videos from youtube, and even started the couch to 5k running app to get back in to running, so I’m still pretty pleased with that despite not quite achieving my goal.
  • Decorate the living room – The walls are still brown. That’s all I need to say on that matter.

My June Bucket List

• Blog more – I know more is a bit vague, but I don’t want to commit to daily blogging because I know I couldn’t do it this month. May was a terrible month for my blog, so I want to get back on track. If I publish 20 posts over the month, I’ll be happy with that.
  • Makeover my back yard – My back yard is a mess. We got a table and chairs for outside but barely use it because it’s just not a nice space. I want a full revamp, and I’ve spent hours on pinterest looking for inspiration, which I’m hoping to put in to action this month.
  • Shout less – I’ve been shouting a lot recently, and after seeing someone on twitter trying a no shouting week, I thought I could do the same. I find myself yelling at the kids over the silliest of things, and I don’t want them growing up remembering me as some kind of banshee.
  • Finish reading my books – In the last month I’ve started reading three books, but haven’t finished any of them. I’m wanting to finish them all this month if I can, along with two library books I have too.
  • Have a picnic – You can’t beat an outdoor lunch, can you? I’m planning on going for plenty of picnics during the summer holidays, but I would like to go for one this month too!

Check back next month to see how I get on with my goals and too see what I have planned for July. Let me know in the comments what you hope to achieve this month!

Linking up with:

Twinderelmo
Post Comment Love
A Cornish Mum

• Reply RachelSwirl June 8, 2016 at 12:08 am

I need to add ‘read a book’ (well on the kindle but still…a book) onto my list of to do!
    RachelSwirl recently posted…#TopTipTuesday – June 7th 2016My Profile

• Reply Lauren June 10, 2016 at 8:53 am

I’m mid way through two normal books and one kindle book, need to finish one of them at least!

• Reply the frenchie mummy June 10, 2016 at 7:45 am

Lovely ideas there, good luck to meet them. I want a picnic too and be able to finish , well start my last book #PicknMix

• Reply Lauren June 10, 2016 at 8:52 am

Thanks. A picnic would certainly be nice wouldn’t it? Lets hope we can keep the good weather long enough to have one!

• Reply Kim Carberry June 11, 2016 at 10:05 am

Good luck with your June bucket list…
    I have been thinking about sorting our backyard out too….The kids have taken it over with toys. Grr!
    Kim Carberry recently posted…A photo everyday for a year! #Project366 – Week 23My Profile

• Reply Lauren June 14, 2016 at 9:44 am

Yes my children have a tendency to do that too!

• Reply Jayne @ Sticky Mud and Belly Laughs June 11, 2016 at 12:11 pm

Great list to work to. We love picnics, keeping fingers crossed the weather is nice so you can cross it off your list.

I hope this month is kinder on the freelance work for you too.

Thanks so much for linking up to #PoCoLo xx (Guest Co-hosting with Morgan just for this week)
    Jayne @ Sticky Mud and Belly Laughs recently posted…Free Photo Stock Resources For Your BlogMy Profile

• Reply Lauren June 14, 2016 at 9:45 am

It’s funny, since I posted this it has rained almost every day. Typical!

• Reply An imperfect mum (Catie) June 12, 2016 at 7:50 am

Good luck with your June list, well done with the exercise too! Good idea to set yourself monthly goals like this…

• Reply Lauren June 14, 2016 at 9:46 am

Thanks! I do find setting small monthly goals a good way to achieve the little things and keep a focus.

• Reply Victoria Visits June 12, 2016 at 11:38 am

This is a great idea to get a bit of focus going on – maybe I should try it myself! #PoCoLo
    Victoria Visits recently posted…A Tour of the Old Bushmills DistilleryMy Profile

• Reply Lauren June 14, 2016 at 9:38 am

Well that’s the thinking behind it anyway, in practice my focus still isn’t the greatest!

• Reply Merlinda Little ( @pixiedusk) June 12, 2016 at 2:45 pm

Love this! I really dont have bucket list because I am so not good in doing it! I want to do freelance work too but I really dont know how peopleperhour works but I am a member of that too and I will try to look at my account. #pocolo
    Merlinda Little ( @pixiedusk) recently posted…Fear & LoveMy Profile

• Reply Lauren June 14, 2016 at 9:37 am

People Per Hour looks like a good site to get started on, unfortunately it didn’t work out for me. It’s worth looking in to though.

• Reply A Cornish Mum June 12, 2016 at 10:37 pm

I should have put shout less on my one or just be more patient…. or patient at all. I suspect I am a nightmare to live with at times 😉 Shame about the cafe, my children are fussy as anything so its rare there isn’t something one of them isn’t keen on.

Good luck with this month’s list and boo hiss to people per hour 😉

Stevie x #PicknMix
    A Cornish Mum recently posted…Our Butlin’s Minehead HolidayMy Profile

• Reply Lauren June 14, 2016 at 9:20 am

I’m not the most patient of people Stevie, I really need to work on that! I think I’m a nightmare to live with too, I really feel for my husband and children sometimes.
      I know, boo hiss to them! haha x

• Reply Laura June 13, 2016 at 7:21 am

Love the idea of a monthly list 🙂 Me and my three year old practically live in cafes, if only to get me out of the house lol! Sorting out the garden is also on my to do list. Thanks for sharing x
    Laura recently posted…The Price Of Birth TraumaMy Profile

• Reply Lauren June 14, 2016 at 8:55 am

A monthly list definitely helps get those little things done! It was nice to get out and about, even if the kids weren’t so keen on the food x