JUNE ALREADY?!?? I was going to make a joke about how it was only Christmas a few weeks ago, but I said that last month. I’m sure if I hadn’t have mentioned it, no one would have known. In fact, I could probably start each of my monthly bucket list posts with that sentence and get away with it. ANYWAY, I’m here to update you on my May bucket list, and tell you what I have planned for the month ahead.
- Take the kids to a cafe – Done! Yes, we went out to a cafe together for the first time as a little treat. We got hot chocolate, scones and cakes to share together. Unfortunately Neil hated the hot chocolate because it “tasted funny” and the cake had lemon curd in it which no one liked, so we left feeling disappointed. But hey, at least I can cross it off my bucket list.
- Get my first bit of freelance work – Didn’t happen. In fact, it was a terrible month because I got kicked off People Per Hour because I hadn’t managed to find any work through them in the first three months. I’ll keep going with this one.
- Exercise Daily – Well, this is a half and half. For the first part of the month I didn’t exercise at all, but from the 14th onwards I did something every day. I’ve been following workout videos from youtube, and even started the couch to 5k running app to get back in to running, so I’m still pretty pleased with that despite not quite achieving my goal.
- Decorate the living room – The walls are still brown. That’s all I need to say on that matter.
My June Bucket List
- Blog more – I know more is a bit vague, but I don’t want to commit to daily blogging because I know I couldn’t do it this month. May was a terrible month for my blog, so I want to get back on track. If I publish 20 posts over the month, I’ll be happy with that.
- Makeover my back yard – My back yard is a mess. We got a table and chairs for outside but barely use it because it’s just not a nice space. I want a full revamp, and I’ve spent hours on pinterest looking for inspiration, which I’m hoping to put in to action this month.
- Shout less – I’ve been shouting a lot recently, and after seeing someone on twitter trying a no shouting week, I thought I could do the same. I find myself yelling at the kids over the silliest of things, and I don’t want them growing up remembering me as some kind of banshee.
- Finish reading my books – In the last month I’ve started reading three books, but haven’t finished any of them. I’m wanting to finish them all this month if I can, along with two library books I have too.
- Have a picnic – You can’t beat an outdoor lunch, can you? I’m planning on going for plenty of picnics during the summer holidays, but I would like to go for one this month too!
Check back next month to see how I get on with my goals and too see what I have planned for July. Let me know in the comments what you hope to achieve this month!
Linking up with: