Anyone else think this year is just flying by? It’s funny, because it doesn’t seem like that long ago we were celebrating Christmas, but at the same time I’ve been thinking how long ago it feels like we were on Easter break. Yes, I know, that doesn’t really make much sense!
I thought I’d do a little round-up of the things we’ve been loving this month. Honestly, this year has passed by in a blur so far and I want to remember things! A monthly round up will allow me to look back and think ‘Aha! That’s what we did in April, wasn’t it fun?!’. So, before I start yapping, here is what we’ve loved this month!
1. Hot Chocolate – Looking through my photos from throughout the month, there seems to be a common theme. Hot Chocolate. April has been a funny old month, with some real changeable weather. 16° one day, and 3° the next. Those colder days have definitely called for some hot chocolate to warm us up inside, and of course no hot chocolate is complete without mallows.
2. Black Nails – I’m all about the black nails this month. I’ve been getting my nails done with gel polish at the salon. They have every colour you could imagine, and every shade, but I just love black. I usually get my nails squared off at the end, but now that they are long I thought I would do something a bit different with them, so I got them rounded. I think when i go back to get them re-done I’m going to get them pointed, because I’ve been looking at gel nails on instagram and can’t get enough of black pointy nails!
3. Beer – My husband ordered some craft beer boxes which arrived last week, so we’ve been enjoying sampling all the different beers. Honestly, before now my only experiences of beer was drinking pints of whatever lager was the cheapest on a night out as a student (usually mixed with cider and blackcurrant, because you know, I was really classy in my youth). I honestly didn’t realise there were so many different beers, all with such different flavours.
4. Makeup – My lipstick in particular, preferably when used as a faceprint. Caitlin has been loving using my makeup to decorate her face this month. She’s ruined a few on my good lippies, but how could you be cross with this face?
5. Coconut Oil – I’d been reading a lot about coconut oil being like the best thing ever. I’m not usually one to be swept away by the hype of something, but I thought I would give it a go. I actually bought it for my hair, which is a little bit dry after a few courses of bleach, but after doing some reading I decided to try it as a face wash. I’ve only been using it for a couple of weeks on and off (I’m terrible at remembering to wash my face in the evenings, usually a baby wipe in bed is all I manage) but so far my skin feels so soft, and I love the smell of it! Time will tell if it actually makes any difference to my skin, but so far I’m impressed.
6. Our Pizza Oven – I mentioned earlier what a changeable month it’s been. Today we had snow, but last week we had BBQ temperatures, so of course we had to fire up our BBQ/ pizza oven thing. Three nights in a row e’ve cooked our food on the outdoor oven. There is something abut cooking outside that feels special. Everyone gathered round the table, music playing, the warmth of the sun against your skin, cold drinks, the children laughing. Oh yeah, and the food was tasty too. Can’t wait for summer when we can do it every night!
7. Family Time – The latter part of the Easter holidays fell in to April, and it was lovely to get some time together. We didn’t really do much, but sometimes I don’t think you have to. When the kids are off school I’m always worrying about where to take them and what to do, but this time we just played board games and watched movies and enjoyed each others company. It was lovely.
8. Being Blonde – My quest for blonde has continued in April. I finally bleached my roots after months of growth, and I’ve been toning my hair to try and get it as white as possible. The toner I’m using is just one I got from Superdrug, and it’s not the best. I’ve been researching proper toners and I’m going to order some bits from Amazon next month. Being able to play around with my hair colour has been fun, I’m thinking of going lilac once I’ve achieved the platinum!
9. Rick Grimes – What’s not to love about Rick Grimes? This video says it all. Warning, it’s gory, don’t click play if you don’t like that kind of thing.
10. The Division – I recently got The Division for Xbox One and I can’t stop playing it. I’d actually fallen out of love with my Xbox a little and hadn’t played much for a while, but this game has sucked me back in.
That’s what We’ve been loving in April. What have you been loving this month?
Linking up with Ten Things Liked & Loved