Blogging, Family Life

Word of the Week – Busy

This week has been quite a busy one. This last fortnight, in fact. Busy, busy, busy.

This week saw me posting two blog posts which were part of projects I’ve been working on for a long time. My Euro 2016 post in which I’m working with McDonald’s, and my Cleaning With Kids post which I’ve been working on with Argos. I was even featured on the Argos website this week as part of the family cleaning project, which is amazing.

There have been a few late nights this week, staying up to the wee small hours to make sure I met deadlines. One of these days I’ll start being kinder to myself and stop staying up late to get work done. OK, maybe that’s not going to happen. I’ve always been a right on the deadline kinda girl. Hey, I have completed some of my best work just hours before a deadline! Luckily this week most of my work was done, I just had to make last minute tweaks before my posts went live.

As well as blogging, we’ve had a busy week in other areas. Caitlin had an appointment with the optician at the hospital on Monday. She has a severe astigmatism which requires quarterly check ups at the hospital. This check up revealed that the sight in one of her eyes is worse than the other, and she made need an eye patch to help correct it. She’s excited that she might be getting ‘a pirates patch’ as she keeps calling it. We’ll find out in May at our next check up whether she will need one or not.

The kids had a half day on Wednesday and were allowed to go in to school wearing their own clothes. This is generally a cause for upset for Neil, he doesn’t like non uniform days because he thinks you should always wear uniform to school. He was upset on Tuesday when I told him, and said he was going to wear his uniform anyway, but later decided he would wear normal clothes if he could wear his school shoes, which was a good compromise. I had to go and pick them up at 12 o’clock, which is always exciting for them, but a bit of a pain for me because I don’t drive and the school is 3 miles away. Luckily we had granda available to come and pick them up.

All of this has been taking place around my days at work, and I’ve been feeling unwell. So now it’s Friday I’m feeling pretty frazzled. I would say we’ll have a quiet weekend to counter it, but of course it’s Easter so that won’t be happening. We’ve got egg hunts, egg rolling, easter bonnet making, family walks and a big roast dinner planned.

I’m sure I can relax on Monday when I’m lying on the sofa like a beached whale after too many easter eggs! Hope your Easter weekend is lovely and filled with chocolate and family time!

Linking up with Word of the Week.

• Reply Louise (Little Hearts, Big Love) March 25, 2016 at 8:07 am

Wow it has been a busy week for you. I’m guilty of pulling too many late nights on the blog front too – so hard not to sometimes! Hope you have a lovely weekend – sounds like it will be a busy one too – and hope you finally manage to get a well-earned rest by Monday!

• Reply Lauren March 25, 2016 at 10:39 am

I think sometimes you don’t realise quite how late it is when you get stuck in to some blogging though do you? Thanks, looking forward to some rest next week!

• Reply Beth @ Twinderelmo March 25, 2016 at 9:00 am

Enjoy the chocolate coma! Well done for getting your face on Argos, superstar! Can my life be sponsored by MacDonalds pleaseeeee?!??
    Good compromise for the non uniform day. Charlie had to have eye patches when he was younger and he quickly got used to them and they do some very snazzy kids patches!!

• Reply Lauren March 25, 2016 at 10:41 am

Oh I will, don’t you worry. It will be my last one before I have to start my cycling regime :'(
      Thanks, it’s the first time I’ve ever been featured anyway, it’s funny seeing my big face on the Argos website!
      Did the patch work for Charlie, I’m nervous about it to be honest but I have been looking at all the funky patches available!

• Reply Anne March 25, 2016 at 9:12 am

Just readi.ng about your busy week has worn me out! I hope you get chance to relax and chill very soon

• Reply Lauren March 25, 2016 at 10:42 am

I know it’s been pretty tiring! Thanks, I’m looking forward to some chill time soon!

• Reply Kim Carberry March 25, 2016 at 12:30 pm

Well done with the projects with Argos & Mcdonalds. How exciting!
    Things have been busy for you! I hope you feel better soon and find some time to relax x

• Reply The Reading Residence March 25, 2016 at 6:20 pm

It does sound a very busy week on all fronts! Love the excitement over a ‘pirate’s patch’, so sweet! Hope you have a lovely weekend and manage to lounge about all day on Monday! Thanks for sharing with #WotW

• Reply Laura's Lovely Blog March 26, 2016 at 7:51 am

Happy Easter I am looking forward to my chocolate coma!! How great that your daughter is excited about a pirate patch rather than being upset about it. Also sounds like a great compromise with your son & I’m glad he found a solution he was comfortable with 🙂

• Reply Let kids be kids March 26, 2016 at 1:48 pm

Sounds like a busy week. My friends son has been wearing an eye patch on and off for a while for the same reason and I think he quite likes his pirates patch. Have a good easter. #WoTW

• Reply Merlinda Little (Glimmer of Hope) March 26, 2016 at 7:10 pm