Cats

My Sunday Photo 13-03-16

Packaging attracts cats. It’s a fact. Wrapping, sellotape, bags, boxes, or anything remotely box shaped. Cats get a whiff of something like that and they are all over it like a rash. My phone is filled with pictures of my cats sitting in boxes, because that’s just what they do. I’m sure we’ve all seen those funny photos of a newly built cat tree, with the cat sitting in the box it came in. Cats are much like children in that respect then.

Our Cats, Poffy and Candy, love it when a new box, or box shaped item, arrives at the house. This weeks box like item was a hamper that I received on Monday. Β The hamper was filled with decorative paper straw, so they obviously thought ‘result, we’ve found a nest’. I was called in to the living room on Monday evening by a very excited Caitlin.

‘Mum, mum, come and look’

This is what I found…

IMG_3439

IMG_3445

No, this isn’t a magic hamper with the ability to change the colour of your pets, unfortunately. These photos were taken minutes apart from each other. As soon as one cat had jumper out, another jumped in.

Sometimes I wonder what goes through their heads. What about this looked so appealing to them? It doesn’t look comfortable at all to me.

Honestly, Cat’s really are strange.

Linking up with My Sunday Photo

• Reply Kriss MacDonald March 13, 2016 at 12:05 am

A cat-hamper for catnaps! Funny how they each wanted to try it out.

• Reply Melody March 13, 2016 at 12:12 am

Aaaw what a cuties!! Now, you mentioned magic hamper, I wish there is one. lol xx

• Reply Sara | mumturnedmom March 13, 2016 at 12:33 am

Love that they both had to try it out! They look very cosy πŸ™‚

• Reply Coombe Mill - Fiona March 13, 2016 at 12:56 am

It is clearly a comfy bed and they were both taking “dibs” on it!

• Reply Tim March 13, 2016 at 1:31 am

Maybe not comfy but certainly fun – and, thankfully, not as messy as it might have been!

• Reply Lauren March 13, 2016 at 8:19 am

Well Tim, you haven’t see the after photo, what I neglect to mention is that this stuff clings to anything it touches, we we ended up with straw all-around the house!

• Reply Laura wilson March 13, 2016 at 4:22 am

Awwww absolutely gorgeous! I love how nosy cats are they just have to sit in anything don’t they πŸ™‚

• Reply Lauren March 13, 2016 at 8:15 am

Yes, they really are nosey, they have to be involved in everything! x

• Reply EmilyandIndiana March 13, 2016 at 7:06 am

Aww look how happy they look in their new nest! My cats always try and squeeze into the smallest box they can find, funny little things aren’t they xx

• Reply Lauren March 13, 2016 at 8:15 am

Cat’s really are funny little things, I’m not sure why they love boxes so much x

• Reply Hannah Budding Smiles March 13, 2016 at 7:08 am

Haha Cats are ace! We’re packing to move house so are cat is in her element, although our boy cat is terrified bless him xx #MySundayPhoto

• Reply Lauren March 13, 2016 at 8:07 am

They are aren’t they! Oh strange that your boy cat is afraid, I’ve never know a cat to be afraid of boxes! Hope your move goes well x

• Reply Rosie @Eco-Gites of Lenault March 13, 2016 at 7:39 am

Absolutely adorable and I have to admit to scrolling back up to see if it was one cat or two!

• Reply Lauren March 13, 2016 at 8:00 am

Haha yes, I thought that might catch some people!

• Reply Darren Coleshill | Photalife March 13, 2016 at 7:50 am

I don’t know it kind of looks comfy to me. So it’s not just children that find boxes and hampers fun but cats do too

• Reply Crummy Mummy March 13, 2016 at 8:14 am

Our two cats are like this too – the trouble is they like eating cellophane too… #mysundayphoto

• Reply Louise (Little Hearts, Big Love) March 13, 2016 at 8:17 am

So cute – they look very happy sitting in their hamper “nest” πŸ™‚

• Reply Lauren March 13, 2016 at 8:25 am

They were quite content in their nest that’s for sure x

• Reply Verily Victoria Vocalises March 13, 2016 at 9:24 am

I do love cats – yours are beautiful. Ours was in and out of our case whilst we were packing before we went away! #MySundayPhoto

• Reply Shahnaz March 13, 2016 at 12:34 pm

They are so cute, they look so comfortable #mysundayphoto

• Reply Kim Carberry March 13, 2016 at 12:43 pm

hehehe! That made me chuckle…They look very happy in there πŸ™‚

• Reply Notmyyearoff March 13, 2016 at 12:54 pm

They look comfy in there even though I can’t imagine it is for them. They are such curious things that claim things. The cat that lives opposite seems to have claimed my next door neighbours πŸ™‚

• Reply Anne March 13, 2016 at 1:39 pm

There is nothing cuter than a cat in a basket. When my eldest daughter leaves home I’m planning on getting her a basket of kittens as her crazy cat lady starter kit!

• Reply Debbie March 13, 2016 at 4:52 pm

Hi Lauren, what lovely looking cats you have and a very nice hamper too! Our no-longer-feral cats are outdoor cats and whenever I go out to put the laundry in the washing machine automatically jump on top of the dirty washing. I can’t work out why as they don’t settle on it, they seem to try and kill it. Strange creatures.

xx

• Reply Mary @ Over 40 and a Mum to One March 13, 2016 at 7:05 pm

Exactly what Brewster would do too! #MySundayPhoto

• Reply Brooke March 14, 2016 at 4:26 am

cute kitties!

• Reply Merlinda Little (Glimmer of Hope) March 14, 2016 at 11:26 am

Aww so cute of them! #MySundayPhoto

• Reply Lisa from Lisa's Life March 15, 2016 at 11:59 am

Oh bless them! They do like a comfy box πŸ™‚

• Reply Debs @ Super Busy Mum March 15, 2016 at 9:00 pm

I love cats. They’re so funny. If I fits, I sits is there rule of thumb! Great photos.