M and M Direct
Style

School Run Style Wish List

I used to love getting dressed up and looking my best every day. Before having the kids, I would spend at least an hour in front of the mirror every morning. Now, I’m lucky if I get ten minutes. By the time I’ve rolled out of bed and got the kids ready for school, I’m usually running around at the last minute trying to find something to pull on.

Before children, choosing an outfit for the day meant taking a few things out of the wardrobe, and putting different items together to see what looked good. These days, I grab the first thing I can find. If it’s clean, it works for me. Some days I’m in such a hurry to get going that I end up completely mismatched. I may have left the house one morning in tracksuit bottoms and Ugg boots, but the less we say about that the better.

I’ve become conscious that I’m wearing the same two or three outfits every day, and I’m desperately in need of a bit of a wardrobe update. When looking for clothes to wear for the school run, I need to find something comfortable and practical, but I also want to look stylish too. I want a wardrobe that is easy to wear, doesn’t need too much styling (who has time for that in the morning?) and can be mixed and matched. And I want to find all of this on a budget.

I’ve picked out a few things from the Vero Moda range at M and M Direct that I think perfectly suit my brief. Stylish but practical, and in colours I love too. I’ve put together a few items that I think would look perfect for the school run.

School Run Style Wishlist

School Run Style

What do you think of my wish list, would you wear it on the school run? What is your ultimate comfortable school run outfit? Let me know in the comments below!

This is a collaborative post.

• Reply Dean of Little Steps February 16, 2016 at 1:18 pm

Love the wish list! I wish I also had the time or inclination to try to dress-up better. But in reality, I’m always a dash-off-while-you-can out the door and pray that I’m not too late to make it to the school run to pick up my child. Most times I barely even look at myself in the mirror. The one good thing about winter though is that you can hide whatever you are wearing under a huge coat and no one will that you’re wearing a stained top 😉

• Reply You Baby Me Mummy February 16, 2016 at 3:18 pm

Great selection of pieces huni. I tend to have a uniform of baggy dress and leggings. I would love to break out of it, maybe when I have lost weight x

• Reply Laura February 16, 2016 at 3:54 pm

I think we have a similar wish list! Slip on vans are so good for the school run – easy to get on and not frumpy either! I was sorely tempted by a glitter pair last year but ended up with a new pair of Stan Smiths. I think all of these are pretty classic so are a good investment 🙂

• Reply Leah Miller February 16, 2016 at 7:26 pm

A mix and match wardrobe is a fantastic idea, something that goes with everything. I am so guilty of recycling the same outfits over the course of about 3 days! But to be honest, I can walk to the school with my head held high, as we have a culture in my area of mums turning up in their pj’s, so whatever I am wearing has to be better than that! xx

• Reply Emma T February 16, 2016 at 10:09 pm

I like the dress but I’d never be able to wear it. I’m usually in boring work gear for the school run, or in jeans on a friday. My aim is when I hit my weight loss goal I’ll buy a whole new wardrobe

• Reply Kerry norris February 16, 2016 at 11:19 pm

This is a good wishlist for school run style. Some great key pieces that can be changed and used in lots of different outfit pairings. Love the dress and waterfall jacket x

• Reply mummy and monkeys February 17, 2016 at 3:25 pm

Great choices. I always get boring in the winter, I hate being cold and it comes down to what is warmest. I’m much more adventurous in the summer. xx

• Reply Mudpie Fridays February 20, 2016 at 8:09 am

Im pretty much the same outside of work the same clothes rotated in exactly the same combinations. We re going through a bit of decluttering at the moment and I think this will help me to rethink things so that once I have had our second baby and slimmed back down I can start on a restyling mission!! x