I’ve been thinking a lot recently about what makes me happy. I admit, sometimes I let my stresses get the better of me and I can be a little bit snappy, but that doesn’t mean I do not appreciate the wonderful things I have in my life. I would consider myself to be quite a stressy person, I always have been but in recent weeks I’ve been trying to find ways to reduce those stress levels and try to become a happier person. I have even found myself googling ‘how to meditate’ which a few years ago I would have totally laughed at, but now it’s something I’m seriously considering!
As part of my quest to bring more happiness in to my life, I thought it would be nice to start keeping a weekly list of the particular things that have made me happy each week. Doing so may help me to find happiness in things I previously didn’t, and it’s kind of nice to look back over the week and say ‘yeah, this week has been pretty, pretty good!’
- Watching my children perform in their school’s harvest festival. They’ve both been practicing a lot, and it was lovely to see their hard work pay off.
- Having time off work. I decided to book a few days off to coincide with the half term break. We haven’t done much, but sometimes that’s the best kind of time off, isn’t it? We’ve all enjoyed just chilling with each other.
- Getting ready for halloween. I love this time of year, and Halloween is one of my favourite events during the year. This week, we’ve decorated our house, got our costumes ready, bought pumpkins, it’s all very exciting!
- Getting my blogging mojo back. I have to say, I have really been struggling to write or do anything blogging related since summer, and it’s been stressing me out no end. Something in me just clicked this week and I’ve jumped back in to blogging with both feet. I’ve got some exciting projects coming up over the coming weeks so I’m feeling really good about things!
- Attending a new church. Caitlin goes to Girls Brigade each week, which she absolutely loves. At the end of the year, they get awards for different things, and one of the awards is ‘open bible’ for regularly attending church. We haven’t been to church for quite some time, so this week we decided to go to a church in our village which we have never been to before. Having messaged ahead to ask some questions, we arrived on Sunday to a lovely welcome. People had learned our names and were waiting to greet us on arrival. Caitlin loved it and can’t wait to go again this Sunday.
- Caitlin bringing me a little handmade drawing tonight. She drew a picture of the two of us together, I was holding a flowers and the rest of the page was adorned with hearts. It was very cute, and I find it so sweet that she thinks about making people little gifts.
Do you keep a list like this? What has made you particularly happy this week? Let me know in the comments!
Linking up with HappyDays