Style

Autumn Fashion – One Jumper, Three Ways!

Autumn has definitely arrived, bringing with it all of the things that make autumn my favourite season.
I do really love autumn. I love the colour of the landscape, the feeling of the leaves crunching under my feet as I walk, the bright autumn sunshine shining on the dewy grass in the morning. There’s a real chill in the air on the school run, but the afternoons are pleasantly warm. It feels so fresh at this time of year.
This transitional period between the warmer and the colder weather naturally brings with it a change in fashion. I’ve heard so many people recently talking about how they have packed away their summer wardrobes and brought out their winter clothes, but you don’t often hear people talking about getting their autumn clothes out of storage. I guess the reason for that is, autumn can be quite changeable. It’s cool and crisp in the mornings, warm in the afternoon and then cool again in the evenings, so it can be hard to decide what to wear.
Personally, the change of season, and the fresh feeling of autumn has me longing to update my wardrobe. Something that is in particular need of an update is my work wear. I’ve been wearing floaty camisoles and nice dresses to work during the summer, but it’s getting a bit too cool for that now. To save on money, I do tend to buy clothes that I can wear both at work, and at home. It can be hard to update your look on a tight budget, so the key is to buy statement pieces and wear them in different ways.
I have taken a lovely jumper from the workwear section of Kaleidoscope and mixed it up to show how it can be worn in three different ways. I chose this jumper because it is neutral in colour so can be worn with almost anything. The embellished detail on the shoulder is gorgeous and just gives it that little extra something.

For my first look, I have teamed the jumper with a cappuccino coloured pencil skirt, along with grey shoes and a grey bag. I love the texture of the pencil skirt, and the colours are great for autumn.

Textured Pencil Skirt – Kaleidoscope
Low Heel Court Shoes – Kaleidoscope
Shoulder Bag – Modalu

I switch between sophisticated and casual at work, so for my second look I’ve styled the jumper with a pair of skinny jeans and my trusty converse.  The look is dressed down without being too casual, and perfect for days when I know I’m going to be on my feet all day.

Skinny Jeans – Very
Cross Body Bag – Modalu

For my third look I thought I would mix it up a bit and show how versatile a good jumper can be. By teaming it with a pair of killer heels and a clutch bag, it’s a perfect outfit for a night out with the girls. I’ve added in a splash of electric blue here, and the pop of colour stands out well against the neutral jumper. The embellished shoulders make this jumper so versatile.

Jeans – Very
Shoes – Carvela Kurt Geiger
Clutch Bag – Carvela Kurt Geiger

Which of my three looks do you prefer? Please let me know in the comments!
I was sent some items from Kaleidoscope free of charge for the purpose of this post. All editorial control remains with me.

• Reply newcastle familylife October 19, 2015 at 6:57 am

Oh I love the hair you look so different and that colour really suits you. Your photos are gorgeous xx

• Reply Sarah October 19, 2015 at 8:29 am

I LOVE this time of year because I love Autumn clothes, haha. My Autumnal wardrobe could also do with updating. The idea of buying clothes that can be worn in different ways is definitely the key when your on a budget (like I am!)
    I love your style and look!! I like everything you've picked, the skirt is pretty and those ombre jeans are AMAZING! xx

• Reply Angela Milnes October 19, 2015 at 10:00 am

I love the look. The blue shoes are lovely too! Very nice! Angela

• Reply Analyn Razon October 19, 2015 at 11:13 am

Wow! you look stunning and the shoes are amazing, especially the blue shoes it's so gorgeous

• Reply Joanna Victoria -x October 19, 2015 at 12:38 pm

Love, love, love the jumper especially the little pattern on the shoulders. I really love blue shoes too ( shame I can't walk in heels)

• Reply ana de jesus October 19, 2015 at 8:46 pm

That is the exact clutch I have been lusting for from River Island you paired so well with the neutral jumper and the cobalt heels.

• Reply Janette Davey October 19, 2015 at 8:51 pm

Love that jumper. Would most likely wear it with skinny jeans but like the fact that you can also wear it with a skirt or even smart trousers for work. Very versatile.

• Reply LeeLee Loves October 19, 2015 at 9:00 pm

Love this, I've never put jumpers with skirts, and your hair looks fantastic! Xx

• Reply LadyNicci October 19, 2015 at 9:38 pm

Agree Autumn is a fabulous time with all the changes – especially to the landscape / leaves. And the light can be great too. Love these looks, really love the jumper!

• Reply Zoë Forde October 20, 2015 at 8:01 am

Love how simply this jumper can go from casual to dressy! Such a great find. I need to start pulling out the rest of my jumpers. I've been clinging onto the thought of an Indian Summer for too long now x

• Reply Jo Smith October 20, 2015 at 12:18 pm

I adore the skirt! That jumper tho really is a key piece to have as it's so verastile. You look fabulous x

• Reply Hayley: Sparkles and Stretchmarks October 20, 2015 at 3:27 pm

Ah wow you look amazing! That is a really lovely jumper, so simple but so pretty too! I'll be keeping an eye out for something like that in the maternity ranges! xx

• Reply Ickle Pickle October 22, 2015 at 5:55 am

I love autumn- my favourite time of the year! Love your jumper but no good for me as I need darker colours. It really suits you though 🙂 Kaz x

• Reply Oh so amelia October 23, 2015 at 11:36 am

I love the way you styled the jumper in all three ways. Especially the 2nd! You look amazing and I love the photos too! xx

• Reply Visualize Authenticity October 24, 2015 at 12:05 am

This is Hot! Elegant and sexy.

• Reply karen November 18, 2015 at 9:08 pm

Love what you’ve done with this post – seeing how an item can be worn more than one way is greta. I so need to update my wardrobe!

• Reply Lauren November 18, 2015 at 10:41 pm

Thanks, it is great to get items of clothing that can be worn in different ways because it means you can buy less. I would love to update my wardrobe, have been looking through my wardrobe and my winter section is lacking a bit!