Family Life, Photography

A Day Out With Daddy

Everyone in the house has been unwell this week, and we spent the whole of half term in the house, which was a shame because the weather was glorious. The kids were back at school on Thursday, but we kept Neil off because his tummy still wasn’t great. In the end, sending Caitlin to school wasn’t the best idea either, and we got the phone call to say she needed to be picked up early.

While I was tending to Caitlin, Neil and his daddy decided to go out for a walk to dust off the cobwebs a bit. Being stuck in the house for a whole week, it’s hard not to get cabin fever, and I thought the fresh air might be good for them.

We are very lucky to live only a few minutes away from a fantastic nature reserve and beach, so the boys headed down that way to explore a little. My husband took some photos of their adventure together.

It’s not often that Neil and his daddy get to spend time together, just the two of them, so this was a great opportunity for them to do a bit of bonding. They both thoroughly enjoyed their walk together, and couldn’t wait to tell us all about it when they got home. It looks like they had a fantastic time!

• Reply newcastle familylife May 30, 2015 at 7:53 am

I hope you are all feeling better now. It looks like they had a great father and son adventure xx

• Reply Coombe Mill May 30, 2015 at 6:49 pm

Sounds like a ghastly week for you all with everyone poorly but well done Daddy and Neil on a lovely adventure walk together and plenty of treasures found along the way. I hope you will all be able to enjoy that walk next week in full health. Thank you for sharing with me on Country Kids.

• Reply Kim Carberry May 30, 2015 at 7:13 pm

What a wonderful place to live! Looks like they had a great adventure!
    I hope you are all feeling better now x

• Reply pixiedusk May 30, 2015 at 10:59 pm

Wow thats an amazing trip! I live near the beach but we have nothing like this. So lovely to have a trip there =) #countrykids

• Reply Tattooed Mummy May 31, 2015 at 10:24 am

Oh I love beachcombing and it looks like they found some super stuff, I live near a beach too – I should go down to scan the shoreline more! You've inspired me – great post. Thanks. And hope you are all on the mend!

• Reply MummyTravels May 31, 2015 at 3:21 pm

What a shame about your half-term but what a great way to finish the days off. Wish we had this on our doorstep. #countrykids

• Reply Country Kids from Coombe Mill | Coombe Mill March 6, 2016 at 8:40 pm

[…] With woolen fairies to seek out and binoculars to search with the National Trust makes these woods an adventure for Hayley from Home. […]