Uncategorized

Word of the Week – Unorganised

To say that I am ‘all over the place’ would perfectly sum me up this week, but that is four words, so doesn’t really work for word of the week, so I have instead chosen…

I just can’t seem to get myself together this week. My brain is mush, I’m so unorganised it’s not even funny. I’m. Or the most organised of people anyway, but I keep a diary and to do lists, and I generally get by without hiccup but not this week.

I honestly don’t know if I’m coming or going!

As I write this it’s almost midnight, and only a few moments ago have I stuffed the kids dirty uniform in to the washing machine to be washed in time for tomorrow, despite the kids having been home for 8 hours. Most mornings this week I have been desperately throwing together some sort of lunch for Caitlin, about 5 minutes before the school bus is due. I’ve been running in to work ten minutes late after leaving stuff I needed at the house and having to return… And the list goes on.

Not sure what’s going on with me, but I just can’t seem to get myself focussed on anything that actually needs to be done.

I have given myself quite a lot to do this weekend, so I’m going to have to schedule it, down to the last detail, and hope my brain can function for long enough before it shuts down completely!

If someone would like to come and be my personal planner for a while to sort me out that would be great…

The Reading Residence

• Reply Redpeffer January 16, 2015 at 9:19 am

Oh dear, I'd blame it on the time of year! I do hope you get yourself feeling a little more on top of things soon.

• Reply Stephanie Robinson January 16, 2015 at 9:19 am

Hope the scheduling works, maybe a reboot is needed? #wotw

• Reply Cathy Lavictoire January 16, 2015 at 9:19 am

Hi Lauren, found out about your lovely blog via #PoCoLo, I can relate to this post I have a mountain of washing and cleaning to get through today and I need to do a proper food shop! x

• Reply mommyslittleprincesses January 16, 2015 at 12:25 pm

Oh gosh i hope next week will be a better one for you and that your to do lists will have helped you to be better organised!xx

• Reply Dean of Little Steps January 16, 2015 at 1:18 pm

I blame the weather! Seriously though, hope your days will be better next week! 🙂 #wotw.

• Reply Kirsty Hijacked By Twins January 16, 2015 at 1:28 pm

Oh no! Sorry it has been that sort of week. I always find I work better with a list x #WotW

• Reply Xandi C January 16, 2015 at 1:55 pm

Wouldn't it be amazing to have a PA sort all you stuff out!? I'd love that… we all have days/weeks like these, where you feel like you are running on empty and can't quite get it together. Hopefully Monday will be a fresh and organised start! x

• Reply The Reading Residence January 16, 2015 at 1:55 pm

Oh no, I hate feeling out of control! Hope you get loads done this weekend and feel back on top of things soon x Thanks for sharing with #WotW

• Reply Steph Curtis January 16, 2015 at 7:06 pm

Oh I have loads of days like those! My word at the moment would be 'forgetful' though..! Nice to see you as a #PoCoLo newbie 🙂

• Reply Kim Carberry January 16, 2015 at 8:24 pm

Oh dear! I hope things are better for you soon!

• Reply theuncheshirewife January 16, 2015 at 10:59 pm

Oh Lauren, I wish you were going to Bluestone, you need a relax. I hope things calm down for you soon.
    Lorraine x

• Reply pixiedusk January 17, 2015 at 11:45 am

Awww I hope things will be better but maybe this is also a sign to just rest a bit. Sending you hugs. #wotw

• Reply Jane Escapades January 17, 2015 at 9:46 pm

I'm totally in the same boat. Is it that time of year or is it just being a mum? If you ever find out the answer please let me know x

• Reply Martyn - Being Free January 18, 2015 at 3:06 pm

Oh no! I'm exactly the same at the moment! Hope this week you manage to get loads done!!