Do you ever sit and have a think about what you have been up to and just have a total mind blank? For me, this happens most weeks. It’s really nice to sit and reflect on things, but it’s hard to reflect on anything when you can’t bloody remember.
I have a god awful memory. I keep telling myself, I should write down little bits each day, something to remember. It’s a good idea, but I always forget to do it! I will try and remember this week.
So while I sat down with my laptop to make a little ‘things I have done’ list for this week, I’ve had to change course a little bit and have decided to instead tell you my goals for next week.
5 goals for the week ahead:
- Each night write a little something about the day – a funny story, a quote, anything that’s going to remind me about that day.
- Get out and about with the kids everyday for at least 30 minutes – We’ve had too many days sat in the house on our pads and it’s not good for any of us.
- Keep up to date with my blog – Some of you may have read my post earlier in the week about losing my blogging voice a bit. I haven’t posted much of any real substance recently but I’d like to set aside a little time each night and just put a bit of effort in. I wasn’t going to post tonight because I was feeling tired, but I’ve found once I’ve sat down and started writing it is flowing out, so I just need to give myself that wee push and stop being lazy.
- Read a book – My goodness, I don’t know how long it has been since I’ve read a book. I’m not sure I could get a full book read in a week, I don’t get much time to sit down on my own, but I want to at least start reading something.
- Get up and exercise before breakfast every morning – I know this is
meant to be great for boosting your metabolism, and it’s something I’ve
been trying to do recently, but there are some morning when I just can’t
drag myself out of bed early enough. I’ve been setting my alarm to go
off 20 minutes earlier than I need to be up, but it’s way to easy to
just hit snooze and ‘rest my eyes’ for a few extra minutes. The silly
thing is, I know I get a super boost from an early morning workout, but
it’s difficult to have enthusiasm for anything at 7am.
I’ll try my best to achieve my 5 goals this week. Hopefully, if I stick to goal 1 I will have my list of things I’ve been up to next week .
How has your week been? Do you have any plans or goals for the week ahead?